Come follow Andy & I on our new blog!
just click here
: )

Music that is good


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, July 2, 2009

objects in mirror are closer than they appear




So as of lately, a few things have fallen into place.


1) I have a nanny job this summer taking care of the sweetest nine year old baby boy, Brennan. His mom Kristy, who is way awesome, works at a plastic surgery office and I recently got a complimentary, read: free, microdermabrasion. I love nanny perks.








2) Swim America is adios. Working from 7-7 just was killing me...


3) I'm working at a dental office for doctor malan, and have a new found obsession for scrubs. haha. I absolutely love it there and it has solidified my decision to become a...


DRUMROLL PLEASE...




Dental Hygienist


It has been something that I've been considering for a while and it finally just clicked. I wanted to see what being one would actually be like so I figured working in the environment and talking to people that actually do it would help me to make a decision. In my family, I am the go to "pseudo" dentist. I pull teeth of siblings and cousins left and right. I guess I love mouths. Here are the specs:


During a dental appointment, a hygienist typically removes soft and hard deposits from a patient's teeth; examines the gums and teeth to discern the presence of disease or oral abnormality; and strips the teeth of calculus (tartar), stains and plaque. A dental hygienist often performs as well root planing (a type of periodontal therapy), takes x-rays and applies cavity-deterring agents (fluoride or sealants).
In some regions of the US, in certain instances hygienists are permitted to administer anesthetics and perform other tasks generally attributed to a dentist, duties such as filling application, periodontal dressing, suture removal and metal restoration polishing.
A dental hygienist takes on a somewhat academic role as well; he or she educates dental patients on how to establish and maintain suitable oral hygiene, often with the aid of teeth models to give the patient a visual sense. The hygienist should leave the patient with a good understanding of proper brushing habits and the relationship between diet and oral health.


Salary can range from 60-80k.

Like I said, I work in a dental office and already I've been suited up and allowed to suction mouths. WAHOO. seriously though.. i love it : ) I have always wanted a "career" and this allows me to be as serious about one, or flexible ( part time ) as I want. This fall/winter I'll be taking dental pre-reqs then headed off to San Juaquin Valley College Visalia.

No comments:

Post a Comment