Come follow Andy & I on our new blog!
just click here
: )

Music that is good


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, September 18, 2009

made you think.

the sky was flooded with
HOT AIR BALLOONS
as i drove to work today.
I loved looking up and seeing them hover over rite aid, up and down the streets.
thank you woodward park festival of balloons.

All of my neighbors (people in other cars) were staring in awe.
I love how unexpected and beautiful this thing called life is.

Last night I had a good discussion.
You know those life ones.
Full of "what ifs"& "i thinks"
those are sort of my favorite.

everyone has a different take on what this thing called life is all about.
An explanation, a cause for order. . .
there is no shortage for attempts of an explanations
click here


PREFACE:
in no one way am i degrading any belief, just rather putting inner dialogue that exists in many others minds including my own...


Anyone who has studied the humanities, sociology, along with basics of science understands that everything exists merely as an EXPLANATION, a categorization of things that just cant be explained.
As humans we want everything to fit into little packages.
WE WANT TO KNOW WHY.
I don't know about you, I guess this is just ME...
but hear me out.
When I was little I think that every other word out of my mouth was "why".
why this? why that?
why authority?
This inquisitive nature as I got older sort of stopped... or at least slowed down.
Everything was handed to me in a NICE LITTLE PACKAGE!
Just what I wanted.
In this case it was in the form of religion.
It told me who to hang out with, what I wanted to do, What I should do, What I shouldn't do, What to believe, and how to be happy.
HELLO!!! How easy is that?
The danger is that you lose your curiousity... the search for truth!
Automatic acceptance of all doctrine from ANY SOURCE, or church in this case is dangerous.

Thank you Buddha.

Somewhere along the way I lost my voice and my reason.
Religion I've realized is not a destination, but rather a mechanism.
Nor should it be all enveloping. . .

A PIECE of my life. Not MY LIFE.

Nobody really KNOWS what the ultimate truth is.

Really knows.
Shoot, I've convinced myself that I "knew without a doubt"
BUT... i had doubts.
All the convincing in the world can't erase that gnawing suspicion...

I'm not talking about "believes" but KNOW in your heart of hearts, deepest deepest thoughts... down to the part where it's scary to think that its not.
Is enough to devote your entire life to one thing for the "just in case approach"
"Well even if what I believe isnt true, at least I'm a good person"
Then the question arises, then what constitutes good, since those guidelines become null and void.

The beginnings of religion began in order to explain things that couldnt be explained...
HELLO NICE LITTLE PACKAGE.
Why are the seas stormy?
Oh, well pray to the god of the seas if you want a safe voyage.
When he gets upset, you're in for a bumpy ride.
Read Odysseus. it's chalk full of these types of Gods.
God of wisdom... etc.


These explanations bring peace, order and understanding. . . .
BUT WHAT REALLY IS TRUTH?

All we are is a series of events.
Regrets have no place in life.
From mistakes comes new knowledge, truth.
In the absense of an event, that knowledge/experience is erased.
We cease to remain who we were before "Turning back time"

I think in order to find truth one must first and foremost be HONEST.
with oneself.
erase any preconceived thoughts.
what has been taught.
how you've been taught.
in addition--> Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis

take everything at face value.
CONFRONT the fear that comes realizing that what you thought to be true, may not be.
Whether you want to admit it or not... truth is truth and will reign.

Once you render that fear powerless...
that's where peace comes and
the search for truth prevails.

If you are doing what you believe will lead you to happiness... TRUE happiness, and you aren't happy.
CHANGE SOMETHING!
Ideas, thoughts, beliefs are meant to evolve, grow and flourish... LET THEM.


FIND TRUTH.
STOP AND THINK.
LET YOURSELF THINK.
THINKING CAN BE SCARY.
WHAT'S SCARIER IS TO NOT.
LIVE YOUR LIFE DELIBERATELY.


There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl- I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say besides that no one knows absolute truth. I just think that the first principle of the gospel is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ for a reason. And its true that you can be spiritual without religion- it just depends on what you beleive or have faith in. Faith is relying on the Lord though, letting yourself go, to trust in someone who is more powerful, knowing, and loving then you, to show you how to be the best you. To me that is faith. And the only way to test faith is to try it and to live it. Just some thoughts. Habven't heard from ya in a while and yeah hope u r doing well!!

    ReplyDelete