Come follow Andy & I on our new blog!
just click here
: )

Music that is good


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

the perks of being a part of the illegal fresno resident patrol


Andy and I just celebrated the big FOUR MONTHS on Monday.
It seems that everyone keeps asking, "well, how'd you meet"?
our response, "facebook"
yes. really. i did meet andy through facebook!
Although we sometimes throw "eharmony" in there for kicks.
Surprisingly, reactions are no longer as shocked as you'd expect.
With the rise of the technology generation dating has soared to new heights.
Alright, alright so here's the low down:

Once upon a time, I was in Ohio; Columbus to be exact. My sister Kristin, had to go back to work for a month to receive her maternity leave benefits so I flew out to be her live-in nanny for a month.
(Then)
(Now)
meet Wyatt Emerson.
He is hands down the cutest nephew anyone could ask for.

While in Ohio, I was getting ready for my transition from attending BYU to moving back home to California. Scoping out the Fresno scene, I would hop onto the computer and check out what everyone was up to. Figuring that I was going to be single for a while,(I mean come on... it's fresno, right?) I was just seeing who was going to be in town, who was staying, etc. That is until I came across this picture on my cousin's page.

"A new guy in fresno, who's tall dark and handsome"??? haha I had to see what in the world was this guy's story. I messaged my cousin megan, and she was like, "oh, andy? very sweet guy, makes the best out of life. used to play minor league baseball."
Sure enough, I asked others and the good things kept flowing.
So, being the proactive person I am.. not one to sit around waiting, I sent him this:

subject: Dear illegal resident of Fresno
who are you? i thought i knew everyone, but apparently not. i'm headed home for summer, and i've been facebook stalking all things fresno and you keep popping up. i'm lauren. just thought i'd skip the awkward introductions and acquaintance phase and just automatically become friends on facebook. ha

He got it right away and sent me a facebook chat message, we exchanged numbers.. started texting... alot. haha
ohmygoodness. right away, i knew that this guy was something special.

I asked him what his voice sounds like, and he answered "fergie with a bit of jesus"
haha.
"oh he is a keeper" i thought.
My trick worked though : )
That night he called.

We started talking eveerryyy night.
He went on a trip with a bunch of people in fresno up to go four wheeling in hollister
and he told me beforehand that he didnt think that he had service...
but that night I got a call and during the day I got texts.
I come to find out that
he was driving up on to the top of a hill in order to get service to talk to me!
andy (in his samurai) and group

It became a tradition, no matter what at night I'd get a phone call.
I'd call him at 2am after going on a dates (10pm fresno time) and we'd just talk and talk...
who knew that guys flock to ohio in the summer, aka sales guys. haha. disregard the blinding whiteness, it IS ohio afterall.

Ohmygoodness... I COULDN'T WAIT TO GET BACK TO FRESNO.
I don't think that I've ever felt that way before.
I was having so much fun in Ohio, but there was something about this guy that was very special...


We set up a time to go on a date...
3 HOURS AFTER I FLEW IN : )
we went to olive garden, tried on western garb at the boot barn and watched a movie.

this is on our second date... the clovis farmer's market

That first date just felt SO natural.
We came back to Andy's house and were watching a movie and his sister walked in and was like, "who is this"?
We just felt like we had known each other forever...
Of course we waited a week before making it official.
Another week later (we had to wait, of course) we said my favorite three words.
I love you.
The rest, my friends is history.

We celebrated, yes, the big FOUR is worth celebrating.
I feel like month anniversaries are like valentine's day...
and excuse to express love and i'm all for excuses if that's what it takes.

Andy came home to:
homemade lentil soup
Andy had been BEGGING me to make it since having it at my house.
&
hot homemade bread

I am crazy in love with Andy Underwood.
He is seriously the BEST guy that I know.
I'm the luckiest girl in the world.


You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She’s not perfect - you aren’t either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break - her heart. So don’t hurt her, don’t change her, don’t analyze and don’t expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she’s not there." -Bob Marley

3 comments:

  1. LOVED this Lauren. YAY YAY for great guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding: Isn't it funny that everytime it seems like life is just kind of whatever & you're single that someone AMAZING pops in?? what the heck? so lucky! & i love your bob marley quote. i might just have to snag it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so happy that you're so happy. and if he's contributing to your happiness, then i give my stamp of approval wholeheartedly. he's a lucky man to have you.

    ReplyDelete