Come follow Andy & I on our new blog!
just click here
: )

Music that is good


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, December 26, 2009

taken.


officially, by this handsome boy.

i have been up since 4am out of PURE EXCITEMENT.


the story:

andy & i spent seperate christmas mornings with our families, then met up at his house at 12:15 (yes, on the dot so we'd make it by 1:00 for Christmas dinner at my house) for our own little christmas exchange.
He had told me earlier that he only had one present for me since the other one was on backorder and wouldn't come until mid-january.
To me this was no big deal so I told him that i'd love whatever he had and to just write me a letter. I LOVE LETTERS.
Well, he opened up all of his presents from me, and i opened all mine from his family, so the lone box was the one from andy... inside was... THE HOODIE I WANTED!!
Then he gets up ( well hobbled, he tore ligaments in his ankle playing basketball on Monday) and handed me this envelope. I open it up and it's the sweetest letter
but at the end he says, "I have one more surprise for you, go to my safe to see what it is"
So, we both walk over there and i open the door and there are pictures of us everywhere, and after his directions of how to get the safe open i opened it to find more pictures & a box with the most beautiful ring.


He grabbed the box and got down on one knee & asked me to marry him!
It was all so surreal and I was freaking out. Excited, scared, happy, shocked all in about 2.4 seconds.
He told me that he's had the ring for about a week and he just
couldn't wait any longer to give it to me.
Even though he was limited by crutches, he still got down on one knee & even lifted me up. What a stud. Once it set in, we were both extremely excited and couldn't wait to tell everyone.
We had gone ring shopping and talked about getting engaged,
but it is a whole different story when it actually happens!
Andy said the guy at Warner told him that
"even if she knows it's coming, it's always a surprise" and IT WAS!!
Andy's house is now the hot spot for engagements.
That makes TWO within a month.

When we got back to my house I walked in through the door and
flashed my ring and my mom screamed bloody murder.

We had family over for dinner and everyone came to see what all the commotion was about, and it just kept getting louder.
All of my family LOVES Andy & they were threatening to adopt him if we didnt get married!
Our Christmas dinner turned into an engagement party dinner of sorts, and truly felt like a celebration having all of my family together!

I seriously feel like the luckiest girl in the world,
although he tries to convince me that HE is the lucky one
[but we all know the truth, I SCORED]
It blows our mind to think about how we met and started dating,
we often say that we "fell out of the sky" & into each other's arms.
From BYU, to Ohio when we started our facebook turned texting turned phone chatting friendship, to fresno when we actually met, and both knew that
THIS WAS IT.
"When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky"
Siddharta Guatama


i am one lucky girl, but i was quickly reminded while in my blissful oblivion
that i have lots of work to do!

Now onto the planning.
A major plus with a Christmas engagement is that you have lots of time
to plan while off from school!
These next couple of weeks are sure to be exciting.
Any tips, or finds would be great!
We want SIMPLE, an afternoon luncheon
aka. no 2000lbs of tulle decorating the church gym.
Also reception location ideas would be great as well!
No cultural halls need apply.
Does anybody have any honeymoon destination suggestions?
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

ps does this mean i need to switch to a MARRIED BLOG?

5 comments:

  1. AHHH! How wonderfullL!! i was wondering when this would happen :)
    A huge congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SCREAMINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LAUREN THAT IS WONDERFUL!!! MARRIED LIFE ROCKS! Really,it is amazing!! I WANT AN ANNOUNCEMENT!

    Everyone told us to stay somewhere nice for our honeymoon. Don't travel etc. We didn't believe them, but oh how we wish we did. All you want to do is be with one another, relax and enjoy nothing but each other. That is my one tip. AH I LOVE YOU! THAT IS SOO AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LINDSEY!
    that's exactly what i was thinking.
    haha i was like am i really going to want to go snorkeling, explore myan ruins, and learn the cha cha?
    haaaa. wow. perfect. perfect.
    thank you for that.
    and announcement for sure.

    THANKS DANI : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am calling you today miss lauren UNDERWOOD. :) I am SOOOOO happy for you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will you please name your first daughter carrie? haha Oh ps. My boy tore ligaments in his ankle on tueday and was hobbling around on crutches toO! Crazy! haha. ANyway, I love you and am so excited for you! :)

    - heather

    ReplyDelete