Come follow Andy & I on our new blog!
just click here
: )

Music that is good


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, August 16, 2009

man's best friend

So yesterday, I went to AVILA beach on a ward beach trip.
SOOO much fun.
the weather was absolutely perfect and the people my favorites.


Dani, Sami and I took a walk along the beach and found this gathering of dogs... the happiest dogs that you have ever seen.
Splashing in the water, chasing seagulls, seriously smiling.
I started thinking about how much I miss this girl.

Cassie was MY dog.
I had to beg my parents a million times over to let us get a dog.
I would wake up at 6 in middle school to take her around laps the backyard and play with her.
My mom would call me out of school if I forgot to clean up her doggy business.
This isn't to say that she was the "perfect" dog, but her quirkiness made her even more loveable.
Like when I took her for a walk and she jumped and took the hat off a little baby walking in the park [she didnt actually touch the baby, just strategically grabbed the hat]
or when she'd smash her face against the sliding glass door and start making the weirdest noises that you've ever heard trying to get your attention.
or when there was a thunderstorm, or fireworks she'd pretty much go into cardiac arrest: barking, scratching, terrified of the loud noises.
She definitely was a little bit marly-esque.
Afterall, we found out after getting her that though she was a purebred, she was inbred. ha.
But more importantly SHE LOVED.
Unfortunately she passed away when she was only 5 and I miss her sooo much.
Dogs are so selfless, when you need them, they are there.
They know how to bring you up when you're feeling down, and to celebrate when things are good..


When I do get another dog, I definitely want it to be another golden retriever.
Riley.
Can't wait to meet her : )

No comments:

Post a Comment