Come follow Andy & I on our new blog!
just click here
: )

Music that is good


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, August 21, 2009

rub my belly

meet:
Siddhartha Gautama
ohmygoodness.

I absolutely love reading and learning about philosophy, the development of religion, virtues (A Small Treatise on the Great Virtues is golden), purpose, etc .
Aristotle. Plato (esp. cave allegory). Socrates. Kant. Descartes. Ekhart Toole

One of my recent favorites is Siddhartha Gautama; aka the founder of Buddhism.
I love the simplicity and truth found within his teachings.
I believe that goodness and truth can be found in many sources, not just one.
If you subject yourself to only one way of thinking, you limit the amount of goodness and truth that can enter into your life.
No, i'm not turning "Buddhist", but i'm also not so concerned with titles. I think truth is truth no matter where it is found.
LOOK ELSEWHERE!

Let these marinate:
The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.

I love this because fear limits our potential, what we are capable of accomplishing. When you rid yourself of fear and just DO, the potential to achieve what you want is actually a possibility. However, if the fear of failure stops you from even trying, the YOU WILL FAIL, because you didn't take any steps towards accomplishment. I think that often times that we are too dependent on others for our own destiny. Rather than waiting for someone else to step in and rescue you, FIGURE IT OUT. Also, I've realized that thinking "I'll be happy______" is poison. I've heard so many times: I'll be happy when i'm:
married.
in a relationship.
making money.
wearing that shirt.
weighing less.
Happiness comes from within. Circumstance is omnipresent. Things happen. But luckily we can choose reactions. Rather than saying, "I'm so broke. I'm hopeless." Be productive and say, "Hey, I have $.20 in my bank account, I should start working more hours and spending less."
BE PROACTIVE AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY.


There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.

I love this. No explanation needed other than rid yourself of fear of what you will find and START THINKING.

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.


...Made you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment