Come follow Andy & I on our new blog!
just click here
: )

Music that is good


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, December 15, 2008

A Sticky Situation : Syrup & Finals

+ = time for plan B.

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas! I woke up to snow on the ground & ON MY CAR. I am going to be an expert at scraping off ice/slush/Utah's -ish with a green travel diaper container. Yup, that's what I have been using. I keep forgetting to buy a real scraper? is that what you call them, so the wipe holder that i use for nanny-ing is the perfect thickness of plastic to get the job done, that is...if you're patient. I should probably add a car scraper to my Christmas wishlist. ha.




This is what I need... an electric ice scraper WITH the all essential light. I guess it's hard for some people to tell when the ice is gone? haha.

Anyways, Christmas is rapidly approaching and I am flying home to Fresno on FRIDAY.
Along with Christmas times comes the Scrooge of BYU... finals week. Don't worry, I'm not going to let studying get in the way of the festivities! haha jk. I should probably be a little bit more studious rather than writing my life story on one of these blogs. But then again, the scriptures do say to "eat, drink, and be merry" and what a better time than now? haha again.. just kidding.
I found the silver lining this morning in finals week this morning when I went over to Chris' house this morning before taking my humanities final. I made the BEST FRENCH TOAST EVER.
Even though this is a super secret recipe, I will reluctantly share.
the proportions are going to be the ones that i used this morning.

Zing! Zap. B.O.O.M prevent finals week doom


FRENCH TOAST


yes, you really will be as happy as him...

Ingredients/Instructions/ The "D.L."
4 e.x.t.r.a. thick slices of white bread (get a loaf from a bakery, cut the slices 1 in>, and let sit on the counter for a few hours... or however long you have.. the crustier the better)
5 eggs beaten
1-1 1/2 TBS cinnamon (to your liking)
1 TBS vanilla
2 TBS sugar
1 TBS flour
1 TBS butter ( to grease the pan)
Place a pan/griddle/wok/whateveryouhave on med-high heat and heat up until it sizzles when you splash water on the pan. Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients minus the butter in a bowl until well blended. Dip the french toast each side 5 seconds then place onto the greased pan. Flip when golden brown.
Top with:
Syrup
powdered sugar
fresh berries (opt)
and a hot boyfriend. (necessary)
ENJOY. honestly, delish.
this is a new way to kick off finals week for me.
i'm already looking forward to this tradition next semester.
I think I'm going to add in a few "practices/rehearsals" before then though.

No comments:

Post a Comment