Come follow Andy & I on our new blog!
just click here
: )

Music that is good


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Symbolism

WHEN THIS STARTS FLASHING INSIDE YOUR DASHBOARD, YOU KNOW THAT YOU'RE IN TROUBLE...

Mother Nature decided to send a blizzard this morning to Provo to bring a little Christmas spirit and add to the gloominess of finals.

Being the California girl that I am, I proceded to:

1) calmly scrape off the snow with my trustee wipe container

2) turn on the defroster

3) get in the car expecting to drive to work.
However, once I pulled out of the parking lot of Mountainwood, this symbol that you see above started flashing. Here is your lesson in symbolism:
THIS IS BAD. THIS MEANS THE CAR'S TIRES DON'T HAVE TRACTION AND YOU HAVE BECOME A PRISONER IN A METAL BOBSLED.

Since I'm not one to give up, & the knowledge of the urgency that I make it to work I was determined to "persevere". I had been taught that perseverance was the way to success since the character counts days of elementary school. Afterall, there are pancakes to make, movies to watch, and dishes to wash. I tried to keep on going thinking of the pioneers who did this is covered wagons. Even though they didn't have the assistance of yellow triangles, I'm sure they knew when they were in trouble. Anyways, after dancing on ice, I decided that I had enough and make the 15 drive at 5 mph that trust me, was the equivalent to the same feeling that Nascar racers get.

MORAL OF THE STORY: I made it home safely, but I AM NEVER DRIVING AGAIN. haha. At least not until Chris gives me snow driving lessons. &&& that bad weather is a good excuse to get out of work to study for finals.

Jordan & I last year on the first real snow! This was before we knew that once it snows in Provo, it doesn't go away until April. haha. I've since been disillusioned of the novelty & excitement of snow.
P.S. I'm really starting to like this whole blog thing. I'm going to try to not post 30328.5 things/day. And if I do, I promise that I will try to make them at least interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment